Friday, March 25, 2011

Dreaming of a Beach Vacation

We had a 'taste' of Spring, but now Winter is back with a vengeance. I am now dreaming of Summer and it prompted me to book our annual summer beach vacation. Booking a vacation is actually a great antidote for the 'winter blahs'.
A 2010 Dutch study stated that people anticipating taking a break to go on a vacation are happier than those who have no travelling plans. 
This study was conducted by Jeroen Nawijn from Erasmus University in Rotterdam and NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences and was published in Springer's journal Applied Research in Quality of Life
If you can't plan a vacation now, you can try daydreaming about your perfect vacation. I believe in everything in moderation so go ahead and have a Mojito or a glass of wine and pretend to be away somewhere exotic.
Thinking about summer may also be the motivation needed to wake up a bit earlier to get your workout in, eat more vegetables, and get rid of junk food. After all, a beach vacation means beach clothes! 
This is my first post. Thank you for reading it. This blog will mostly be about Fitness and Nutrition, but Happiness is a big part of Well-Being so this is how I want to begin.
XOX 

3 comments:

  1. Sharon - I'm going to take your advice and start with the daydreaming and a drink for now : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your proactive positive energy. I agree that happiness comes from within.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon - off to a great start! I look forward to more posts. I'm dreaming of a summer vacation too and the family reunion in France is NOT what I had in mind...lol. :) PC

    ReplyDelete